International Festival Curtea de Argeș Poetry Nights (22nd edition, 11-17 of July 2018)
have just come back from reading at an International Poetry Festival and someone wanted to know why i didnt even tell them i was going (i dont think they believed me).
So here is proof!
It was wonderfully organised and i was delighted to be invited to Romania.
I knew some of the names before hand and now i know their wonderful poems.
The List of Participants
1. Winston Morales Chavarro (Columbia)
2. Benjamín Chávez (Bolivia)
3. Raúl Gibrán (Mexico)
4. Dora Elia Crake Rivas (Mexico)
5. Melchiades Montenegro Filho (Brazilia)
6. Gonzalo Maire (Chile)
7. Freddy Ayala Plazarte (Ecuador)
8. Samuel Cavero-Galimidi (Peru)
9. Iván Segarra Baez (Porto Rico)
10. Antonia Russo (Argentina)
11. Juan Pomponio (Argentina)
12. Obediah Michael Smith (Bahamas/ USA)
13. Rodney Koeneke (S.U.A.)
14. Nada Gordon (S.U. A.)
15. Roseline Lambert (Canada)
16. Marie Saint-Hilaire-Tremblay (Canada)
17. Remedios Alvarez Diaz (Spain)
18. Peter Volker (Germania)
19. Petra M. Jansen (Germania)
20. Stanka Boneva (Bulgaria)
21. Pascale Lora Schyns (Belgia)
22. Melamar (Melanie Marshnig) (Austria)
23. Luigi Marchini (Anglia)
24. Bina Kals (Bulgaria)
25. Liubomir Kaludov (Bulgaria)
26. Kirsti Blom (Norvegia/ Norway)
27. Morten Claussen (Norvegia/ Norway)
28. Gasper Malej (Croația)
29. Caterina Davinio (Italia)
30. Kozeta Zavalani (Albania)
31. Anna Czachorowska (Polonia)
32. Hava Pinhas-Cohen (Israel)
33. Nidaa Khoury (Israel/ Palestina)
34. Nagat Ali (Egypt)
35. Yang Ke (China)
36. Hamza Hassan Sheik (Pakistan)
37. Carolina Ilica (România)
38. Dumitru M. Ion (România)
39. Lana (România)
40. Magda Grigore (România)
41. Victor Gh. Stan (România)
42. Amalia Constantinescu (România)
43. Octavian Mihail Sachelarie (România)
'Noah and the Umbrellas' has been awarded second prize in the Wirral Festival Poetry Competition.
'Oceanic Man' was commended in The Earlyworks Press Competition 2018 and will be included with three other of my poems in the Earlyworks Anthology.
'City Centre' was chosen by Lemn Sissay as the winner of the Marlowe Theatre/Kentish Gazette Canterbury Poem competition.
'A Dream of my Dead Grandmother in the Modern Art Museum' has been highly commended / placed joint second in O Bheal Five Words Poetry Competition
'The Yule Goat' will be included in the Cinnamon Press pamphlet 'The Wheel of the Year'
Two poems, 'Birds!' and 'The Robin that Sings All Night' have been included in the anthology 'Diversifly ' (Fairacre Press)Read more of Derek's poetry at 'Caught in the Net'
Highly commended in the Sentinel Literary Quarterly Poetry Competition